Website Accessibility Statement
Last updated: 5/1/2023
We firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to anyone and are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the broadest possible audience, regardless of ability.
To fulfill this, we aim to adhere as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level. These guidelines explain how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps us ensure that the website is accessible to blind people, people with motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive disabilities, and more.
This website utilizes various technologies that are meant to make it as accessible as possible at all times. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs.
Additionally, the website utilizes an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimizes its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the website’s HTML, adapts its functionality and behavior for screen-readers used by blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments.
If you wish to contact us, please use the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
Screen-reader and keyboard navigation
Our website implements the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers can read, comprehend, and enjoy the website’s functions. As soon as a user with a screen-reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can browse and operate your site effectively. Here’s how our website covers some of the most important screen-reader requirements:
- Screen-reader optimization: we run a process that learns the website’s components from top to bottom, to ensure ongoing compliance even when updating the website. In this process, we provide screen-readers with meaningful data using the ARIA set of attributes. For example, we provide accurate form labels; descriptions for actionable icons (social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.); validation guidance for form inputs; element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and others.Additionally, the background process scans all of the website’s images. It provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an ALT (alternate text) tag for images that are not described. It will also extract texts embedded within the image using an OCR (optical character recognition) technology. To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, users need only to press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode on as soon as they enter the website.These adjustments are compatible with popular screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack.
Disability profiles supported on our website
- Epilepsy Safe Profile: this profile enables people with epilepsy to safely use the website by eliminating the risk of seizures resulting from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations.
- Vision Impaired Profile: this profile adjusts the website so that it is accessible to the majority of visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others.
- Cognitive Disability Profile: this profile provides various assistive features to help users with cognitive disabilities such as Autism, Dyslexia, CVA, and others, to focus on the essential elements more easily.
- ADHD Friendly Profile: this profile significantly reduces distractions and noise to help people with ADHD, and Neurodevelopmental disorders browse, read, and focus on the essential elements more easily.
- Blind Users Profile (Screen-readers): this profile adjusts the website to be compatible with screen-readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack. A screen-reader is installed on the blind user’s computer, and this site is compatible with it.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): this profile enables motor-impaired persons to operate the website using the keyboard Tab, Shift+Tab, and the Enter keys. Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Additional UI, design, and readability adjustments
- Font adjustments – users can increase and decrease its size, change its family (type), adjust the spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
- Color adjustments – users can select various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, users can swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds with over seven different coloring options.
- Animations – epileptic users can stop all running animations with the click of a button. Animations controlled by the interface include videos, GIFs, and CSS flashing transitions.
- Content highlighting – users can choose to emphasize essential elements such as links and titles. They can also choose to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
- Audio muting – users with hearing devices may experience headaches or other issues due to automatic audio playing. This option lets users mute the entire website instantly.
- Cognitive disorders – we utilize a search engine linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, allowing people with cognitive disorders to decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and others.
- Additional functions – we allow users to change cursor color and size, use a printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and many other functions.
Assistive technology and browser compatibility
We aim to support as many browsers and assistive technologies as possible, so our users can choose the best fitting tools for them, with as few limitations as possible. Therefore, we have worked very hard to be able to support all major systems that comprise over 95% of the user market share, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, JAWS, and NVDA (screen readers), both for Windows and MAC users.
Notes, comments, and feedback
Despite our very best efforts to allow anybody to adjust the website to their needs, there may still be pages or sections that are not fully accessible, are in the process of becoming accessible, or are lacking an adequate technological solution to make them accessible. Still, we are continually improving our accessibility, adding, updating, improving its options and features, and developing and adopting new technologies. All this is meant to reach the optimal level of accessibility following technological advancements.
Contact Us With Your Accessibility Questions
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If at any time you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular web page, please contact us at email@example.com. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the web page in your email, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you.
Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 3/16/2023
Your access to and use of SergiosPestControl.com is subject to this Terms & Conditions Agreement and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing SergiosPestControl.com, you accept, without limitation or qualification, this Terms & Conditions Agreement. We may at any time revise this Terms & Conditions Agreement and you are bound by any such revisions. We suggest that you periodically visit this page to review this Terms & Conditions Agreement.
The graphic images and text contained in the SergiosPestControl.com site are the exclusive property of Sergio’s Pest Pros and, except for personal use, may not be copied, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission. The content, arrangement, and layout of the SergiosPestControl.com site, including but not limited to, the trademarks, service marks, text, and content, are proprietary and are protected from copying, imitation, communication, or simulation under domestic and international laws and are not to be reproduced, communicated, displayed, distributed, or transmitted without our prior written permission.
We strive to ensure that the information contained on the SergiosPestControl.com site is accurate and reliable. However, errors may sometimes occur. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as it relates to this Site. We are not responsible for any damages or injuries caused by the use of SergiosPestControl.com, including without limitation, viruses, omissions, or misstatements. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages that result from your use or inability to use this Site.
The Terms & Conditions Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or equity arising out of or related to your use of SergiosPestControl.com must be filed only in the state and federal courts located in the State of Michigan, and you submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
QUESTIONS / COMMENTS
If you have any questions or concerns about our website Terms & Conditions Agreement please CONTACT US.
Last updated: 3/16/2023
Sergio’s Pest Pros (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates SergiosPestControl.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to your name, address, email address, or phone number (“Personal Information”). We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information to others. This does not include information provided to trusted third parties who help us in operating our website.
We may use third parties to provide services to you such as conducting surveys and supplying email newsletters. If Personal Information is provided by us or by you directly to any of these third parties, we require that such information be maintained by them in confidence. You should also be aware that we may disclose information about you if required by law.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, and the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze trends and your movement for aggregate use.
Log Data is not linked to your personally identifiable information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
QUESTIONS / COMMENTS